Monday 6 June 2016

#30dayswild day 5 - a day in the woods

Today was all about having fun in the woods. Dh gets to the woods most weeks but I prefer to go when there is a bigger group but I decided as part of the #30dayswild I thought I would go and drag ds, dd and coerce my fab bro to come with us aswell.

I thought I would also take the chance to take some pictures and cool videos. Here is one of the fabulous birdsong that you can hear when sitting in our lovely woodland.

Recently I have tried to start learning birdsong using an application on my phone. Like most people I seem to have always been able to recognise the cuckoo and pigeon. Recently I have learnt the song of the blackbird, chiffchaff and willow warbler. Today I learnt the chaffinch birdsong.

We then tested out dh's pot tripod and it worked a treat. The pot is one from Ronnie Sunshine which we bought from the Bushcraft Show 2016.

It is a 4 litre pot and I am very much looking forward to using it in the future.

At the same time we had bought a grill stand and this we did get to use for cooking lunch and making a cuppa. Listen to my kettle sing to tell me my water was ready.

My dh had even made a stick handle to pick up my kettle which worked really well and saved me having to find the fire proof gloves.


Dh then showed me the stash of stinkhorn mushrooms he had found the previous day. Our are obviously at the development stage but go here if you want to see what they are going to end up looking like although its latin name phallus impudicus might give it away if you don't know!!

I then thought I should actually try and find some wildlife myself rather than relying on my dh to have found it for me so I went hunting but I didn't have to go far until the wildlife came to me in the form of a bee.


















No comments:

Post a Comment