Wednesday 21 March 2012

Indie's cute spellings and we are now officially car sharing

I thought I would share Indie's cute spellings on my blog just because I can and they are cute.  My children are pretty much autocratic in their learning.  I don't really have that much input and I definitely don't sit them down and teach them spellings.  So here are some of the spellings that have recently appeared when Indie is messengering with people: "I hoppe that Jack will get bett.  He is the best prsun in the wud" "I hoppe you like hure bcus if you do not like hure it is a bit men."  That last word should be "mean" but I think the other words pretty much make sense.  The cutest one so far has been when she has been typing about going to the co-op which is our nearest shop she spells it "cowop."  I will try and keep you up-to-date with Indie-isms as they appear!!

The other exciting news is that Dave sold the car on Sunday and we are now officially car sharing with a family down the road.  This came about totally by accident but I really, really hope it will work out.  One of the advantages of home-educating is that most of our car use is during the day and outside of school holidays whereas the family we are sharing with have school children and most of their car use is during the evening and school holidays.  We have set up a Google calendar to coordinate the usage and will pro-rate all the bills, MOT, insurance, tax etc. based on the mileage.  I am really pleased not to be buying a new car and have already started using my feet and bike more as I become more aware of how much I rely on just hopping in the car rather than just planning a bit better and using my body to get me from A to B.  Will keep you guys up-to-date with how it goes!!

Have started clearing the allotment of the bramble problem today and hoping to have a celebratory bonfire tonight or tomorrow night.  Just need to plan out the allotment and the garden properly so we know what we are heading for.  Growveg.com here we come!!!  Cannot recommend this software highly enough for making the job of planning what you are growing each year easy and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment