Tuesday 6 March 2012

Hectic life - what's new?

Ok.  I was supposed to be posting way more often than this!!!  But as always life seems to get in the way.  At this precise moment I am supposed to be doing week 5 of my Open University (OU) Design course but here I am writing a blog post!!  I haven't eaten lunch yet because I have just had to capture 2 escaped chickens AGAIN.  There are a list of other things that I am supposed to have done today or yesterday or last week.  Does any of this sound familiar?
Let's turn it around though.  I have sorted out about 10 home ed outings for the coming months.  I have just captured 2 chickens and put them back in their coop.  I have got my daughter to have a long overdue bath this morning.  Over the last few months I have made a video of our family trip to see the Dr Who experience and Cirque de Soleil (see here); started my OU course and just about kept on top of the work load; tutored someone in maths so that their predicted grade is now higher than it was when I started; started my Shamanic Practitioner course and started the ball rolling with getting the electrics and kitchen conversion done on the house.  I have also enrolled on a PTLLS teaching course so that I can maybe do more tutoring, oh and I have been doing a pole dancing class!!

As part of my Permaculture Diploma I wanted to make sure that family videos and photos didn't just get lost in the digital ether out there where no-one will ever see them so I am really pleased with the video of our day trip to London.  I am hoping as I get more proficient with the software these will be become easier to do - the London one took me 4 hours!!  I still have one to do of a tobogganing day we had with our neighbours.

The Shaman and teaching courses are trying to get me to a place where I can get back into working and earning money but more flexibly than a 9-5 job.
The pole dancing was just another way of trying to get fit but in a fun way and I can say that it is fun but really, really hard work.  I haven't ached so much since I first started hula-hooping.
I have also been trying to get some Gaia University courses over here to the UK and the affiliated European Branch of Gaia called the GALA (Gaia Action Learning Academy) are doing some training courses in June that I am helping to organise.  If you want to know more visit here and pass on the information to anyone you might know.

The courses are:
Life Designing is a workshop designed to give you the opportunity to gain the skills, knowledge and tools to implement your visions and goals.  This course would be a good place to start if you want to kick-start your Permaculture Diploma where the Project Management course is more geared to starting a eco-business or Transition Town movement or something like that.
Integrative Project management - transferring the eco-social Permaculture way of thinking into project management - looking at how our organisational processes and our actual project results can be designed to manifest our Permaculture Ethics. We will explore how we can ‘obtain a yield’ to make ourselves, our projects & our organisations more effective through design.

So I have been busy - hence the no posting on my blog.  Glad I got this post done and now off to have some lunch!!

No comments:

Post a Comment