Monday 2 May 2022

Challenging yourself feeds your soul

Beltane

Viv skydiving
I love Beltane not just because it is the beginning of Summer in the Celtic Wheel of the Year but because it is also my husband's birthday so it is a time of love and connection for me. It is always good to have a reminder that we are all lovable but also to show love and appreciation. Anyway with dh turning 50 it reminded me that it is my 50th in January and so this is the last year of my 40s.

In the last year of my 30s I challenged myself to honour the elements - earth, air, fire and water. I was in the midst of my Core Shamanic Practitioner training and was resonating a lot with the elements and how they are the basis of all nature and a great source of power. 

Honouring the Elements - earth, air, fire and water


In my 40th year before I turned 40, I honoured air by doing a static line solo parachute jump; honoured fire by doing my first fire walk; honoured water by starting to wild swimming and sat out alone from sunset to moonrise for 4 hours in the dark to honour the earth. All these experiences were amazing and solidified my connection to the elements and the power they can bring. They also took me out of my comfort zone and helped me grow as a person.


Challenging Yourself feeds the soul

Viv looking very cold in crystal clear water
Now is the time to consider what I am going to do in the run up to my 50th birthday. I have already committed to do the annual York Dragon Boat Race in July and if you would like to sponsor me - https://yorkrotary.enthuse.com/pf/viv-chamberlin-kidd. I am rowing as part of the Kyra Crew. This is going to be a massive challenge as I don't particularly like deep water (hence the wild swimming challenge when I was 39!!) plus I can't row very well.


But the real thing I feel I most need this year is to consistently be of service to others. This feels like an achilles heel of mine in some ways due to my neurodivergent brain. So I thought this would be a great internal challenge for myself but that having some accountability to others would serve two purposes.


Knowing how I felt after my parachute jump and then after my fire walk and my sitting out alone in the dark has spurred me on to realise that anything is within my grasp if I just see the chance to take myself out of my comfort zone and step into my power.


My 2022 Challenges


Earth (my body) - I am wanting to release some unhealthy habits that I have accumulated since my Dad's death in 2020 and over various COVID lock downs. I am therefore commiting to drinking more water and less coffee with syrups. I am also going to make my own essential oil chocolates and do regular strength training

Fire (my spirit/soul) - I am going to continue doing my weekly shamanic journeys and dream incubations/affirmations but I am going to document my spiritual journey via my Essentially Evolving Telegram channel - https://t.me/EssentiallyEvolvingIf you would like to follow my journey then please come and join me.

Water (my creativity) - I am going to support myself and anyone who wants to tap into the magic of their full, evolving, powerful potential by sharing regular prompts, tips and steps along my journey using the various tools I have at my disposal. 

Air (my expertise) - I am going to share my expertise and experience with Runes; Ogham; chakra drumming; dream journaling; essential oils; chakra clearing; oracle cards; regular Game of Transformation games for the Earth; stone divination via my Guided Pictures in the Stone process; and any other things that appear in my life to support and guide me.

Your Challenges

Life is a journey. Not always an easy one. Getting out of your comfort zone and challenging yourself is a great way to fully realise your potential and amazingness. Is there a way you can find to challenge yourself this Summer?


If I can support you on that journey please come along for the ride. I'd love to share in your journey whilst I share mine and together we can make the world a better place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment