Wednesday 15 June 2016

#30dayswild days 12-14 - metal leaves, rainbows, clouds and webcams


Saturday - 12th June
We went away at the weekend and spent some fab time walking around College Lake, watching lightning, listening to thunder, making metal leaves, walking up Ivinghoe Beacon and generally having a great time with some of my family.

It was lovely visiting another Wildlife Trust place and watching my kids sharing the wildlife with their younger cousins. It was also amazing seeing a red kite fly just overhead whilst eating what looked like a fish. It was a shame I didn't manage to get a picture of it though but I did remember to tweet about it!!





Monday 13th June
I snapped the picture of the overgrown ditch in Berkhamsted (above, top right) because I am now more attuned to seeing green.

I spotted Jack by the Hedge at College Lake which I already knew about but I now recognise because I am trying to learn more edible plants. I am especially trying to learn about the ones in my garden and I have Jack by the Hedge underneath my trampoline.

I enjoyed making the metal leaves so much I bought more wire so that I can make some at home or in the woods!!


I even remembered to use my other camera which has a better zoom.


It was the only way I could get a decent picture of the chalk lion on the side of the hill near Whipsnade Zoo from the top of the beacon.


Again being more attuned to nature I got some rubbish video of the fabulous sunny, stormy sky on the way home. Watch and marvel at my videoing skills below!!




Tuesday 14th June 
Today I decided to do my #30dayswild task by watching some of the webcams and it was great. Until doing this challenge I didn't even know there were such things that you could watch for free.


Here are some of the photos I got but it really is better if you go and watch them yourself here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment